Cruise DC’s happening 14th Street corridor
In recent decades, 14th Street Northwest has been greatly transformed, gradually morphing into THE place to be. Visitors and residents now soak in the rich history and stunning architecture of this area as they explore the latest buzz-worthy bars, boutiques, and eateries. While checking out the vibrant north-south trajectory along 14th that runs from Thomas Circle to U Street (and beyond), enjoy daytime shopping and gallery-gazing as well as anytime eats and people-watching. After the sun sets, relish creative cocktails, theater productions, and live concerts — in venues where jazz greats like Duke Ellington once reigned.
Some nearby hot spots include:
- Peregrine Espresso: Get caffeinated in this locally owned cafe where coffee is an art — and a serious affair.
- Pearl Dive Oyster Palace: Enjoy scrumptious, sustainable seafood at this Gulf-style bar and restaurant (or grab a cocktail and tasty snack at Black Jack upstairs).
- Doi Moi: Savor modern Vietnamese fare in a hip space with bursts of color; afterward, enjoy a carefully crafted cocktail at downstairs speakeasy 2 Birds 1 Stone.
- Studio Theater: Catch contemporary, thought-provoking plays in this four-theater complex.
- ChurchKey: Sate your thirst at this popular beer mecca that features 555 brews.
- Le Diplomate: Get transported to the “City of Light” at this high-energy gem — part brasserie, part cafe, part bistro — where French fare delights.
- Black Cat: Hear talented acts — from already-made-its to on-the-rise hopefuls — in a casual venue that’s been a DC music institution for 20+ years.